Kiryuzuna Medium Grain Bonsai Soil
Kiryuzuna is one of the most popular bonsai substrates. It can be used for all trees but, its iron content is released as it decomposes which makes it especially beneficial for pines, junipers and conifers. Similar to Akadama in colour and texture, the visual distinction between wet and dry soil is very clear, which can make it easier to see when the bonsai needs watering.
This is a medium grain variety, with grains between 2mm and 6mm in size. It allows for excellent drainage and aeration of the roots and will not decompose for many, many years.
- Excellent drainage and aeration properties
- Long lasting, does not break down
- Adds visual appeal to any tree
- Can be used alone or mixed with other soils
- Visual aid to help discern when the tree needs watering
- It's structure and permeability helps to avoid over watering
- Image shown is of the actual tree you will receive unless stated otherwise in the actual product's description
- The height given is from the base of the pot to the top of the tree.
- The tree received may be slightly different from the picture. Whilst we try to keep the photos of our trees as up to date as possible, these are live plants and, as such, will continue to grow and change slightly in between the times we take the photos.
- Some of our Bonsai pots are bought in bulk and unfortunately it's impossible to photograph each single item so the photograph used is taken from one random item of each collection we sell. In 99% of cases this means that any differences won't even be noticeable, however, if you have seen a particular image of a pot that has a certain streak of paint in a certain place, bear in mind that the pot you receive may not be 100% identical to this.