The Fukien Tea Tree (also sometimes known as Philippine Tea Tree) is a flowering species of Bonsai. It is one of the most popular Bonsai trees due to certain characteristics which it possesses. They are evergreen and also produce white flowers at various points throughout the year and also small berries. The trunks of Fukien Tea trees grow thick and knotted, whilst the leaves remain very small and in proportion with the size of the tree. If cared for well, the Fukien Tea Tree can become extremely striking, especially when blooming.
In the UK this tree should almost always be kept indoors and needs lots of sunlight.
Height: Approximately 35-40cm including pot
Bonsai Level: Intermediate - Expert
- Naturally grows a thick, knotted trunk
- Verdant green leaves create a thick, dense foliage
- Can bloom at all times throughout the year in the right environment
- Challenging, yet highly rewarding species of Bonsai
- Supplied in a 25cm blue glazed pot
- Image shown is of the actual tree you will receive unless stated otherwise in the actual product's description
- The height given is from the base of the pot to the top of the tree.
- The tree received may be slightly different from the picture. Whilst we try to keep the photos of our trees as up to date as possible, these are live plants and, as such, will continue to grow and change slightly in between the times we take the photos.
- Some of our Bonsai pots are bought in bulk and unfortunately it's impossible to photograph each single item so the photograph used is taken from one random item of each collection we sell. In 99% of cases this means that any differences won't even be noticeable, however, if you have seen a particular image of a pot that has a certain streak of paint in a certain place, bear in mind that the pot you receive may not be 100% identical to this.