Firethorn (Pyracantha) are a small tree / shrub native to Mediterranean and Asian countries. They have spiky thorns, as the name suggests, dark green leaves and produce small white flowers in Spring and bright orange/red berries later in the year.
The leaves and berries are not edible but look stunning when in full bloom. These trees are suitable for beginners and are relatively easy to care for and respond well to pruning.
These evergreen trees are best suited for outdoors and generally require repotting once every 2-5 years, depending on the age of the tree.
- Height: 30 - 35cm
- Comes in attractive 18cm (approx) glazed pot
- Ever popular outdoor bonsai tree
- Easy to care for and good for beginners
- Produces small flowers and brightly coloured berries
Latin Name: Pyracantha
- Image shown is of the actual tree you will receive unless stated otherwise in the actual product's description
- The height given is from the base of the pot to the top of the tree.
- The tree received may be slightly different from the picture. Whilst we try to keep the photos of our trees as up to date as possible, these are live plants and, as such, will continue to grow and change slightly in between the times we take the photos.
- Some of our Bonsai pots are bought in bulk and unfortunately it's impossible to photograph each single item so the photograph used is taken from one random item of each collection we sell. In 99% of cases this means that any differences won't even be noticeable, however, if you have seen a particular image of a pot that has a certain streak of paint in a certain place, bear in mind that the pot you receive may not be 100% identical to this.