The Dawn Redwood is a super popular bonsai tree due to the relatively simple care they require and the aesthetics they provide. They were once considered an endangered species but in recent years have been grown readily and spread throughout the world.
They are fast growers and are a great tree for beginners to try their hand at bonsai. They tolerate pruning well and are a fairly hardy species so thrive outdoors. Adding some liquid fertiliser to these trees will quickly encourage much new growth and before long you will see a wealth of new shoots.
These trees like a good amount of sunshine although in full summer it may be beneficial to offer them a little shade.
- Relatively easy to care for
- Brilliant looking
- In 25cm pot with drainage hole
- Upright style forest with several trees per pot
- Image shown is of the actual tree you will receive unless stated otherwise in the actual product's description
- The height given is from the base of the pot to the top of the tree.
- The tree received may be slightly different from the picture. Whilst we try to keep the photos of our trees as up to date as possible, these are live plants and, as such, will continue to grow and change slightly in between the times we take the photos.
- Some of our Bonsai pots are bought in bulk and unfortunately it's impossible to photograph each single item so the photograph used is taken from one random item of each collection we sell. In 99% of cases this means that any differences won't even be noticeable, however, if you have seen a particular image of a pot that has a certain streak of paint in a certain place, bear in mind that the pot you receive may not be 100% identical to this.