The Japanese Maple (Acer Palmatum) is an extrememly popular and wonderfully attractive bonsai tree. The Deshojo variety have five-pointed leaves of a vivid red colour during Spring, which turn to orange and yellow/green as the year progresses.
They are a fairly hardy outdoor tree and make brilliant specimens as small, ornamental bonsais. They tolerate cold temperatures well but do not like strong winds so should be placed in a wind-sheltered spot. They enjoy partial to full sun.
Height: Approximately 30-40cm including pot
- Relatively easy to care for
- Great aesthetics and brightly coloured leaves
- In 15cm pot with drainage hole
- Upright shape often with multiple trunks
- 40-45cm high including pot
- Image shown is of the actual tree you will receive unless stated otherwise in the actual product's description
- The height given is from the base of the pot to the top of the tree.
- The tree received may be slightly different from the picture. Whilst we try to keep the photos of our trees as up to date as possible, these are live plants and, as such, will continue to grow and change slightly in between the times we take the photos.
- Some of our Bonsai pots are bought in bulk and unfortunately it's impossible to photograph each single item so the photograph used is taken from one random item of each collection we sell. In 99% of cases this means that any differences won't even be noticeable, however, if you have seen a particular image of a pot that has a certain streak of paint in a certain place, bear in mind that the pot you receive may not be 100% identical to this.